Electronic Floor Manager (TA40)
Is your talent aware of the time remaining for a spot?
Would visual and audible program messaging benefit your studio?
Tekskil’s Floor Manager provides the talent with critical information at time of need – any combination of Preview and Program Tally, Clock, Up-down Timers, Camera ID and ad hoc floor direction messages.
Studio automation is rapidly improving production quality and cost, but leaner staffing can negatively impact talent support. The FM’s multiple functions gives the production crew unprecedented flexibility to
communicate with the people in front of the cameras. The TA40 is a high brightness, high resolution letter-box display that mounts underneath each prompter. The Tekskil Platform Controller application provides a fast and simple interface to control Floor Managers individually or in groups. Hundreds of canned messages can be created, selected on the fly and
displayed instantly on the screen to the talent.
In the example to left, the TA40 Electronic Floor Manager is displaying Program Tally and a message to the talent notifying them of an upcoming Remote Segment. The message can be followed by a count-down timer to the spot, which automatically changes to a timer for the spot duration. The display fields are color-coded to quickly indicate what is happening. Whatever instructions or information the Talent needs to best perform their responsibilities can be communicated quickly and easily to any or all Electronic Floor Managers.
- 3-State Tally – Preview (next up), Program (on air), ISO (recording) (w/user defined colors)
- 3-Pin Pigtail provided for Tally connections
- Networked Tally Control – TSL 3.1, 4.0
- Time of Day clock with Time Zone offset, NTP sync, and automatic DST adjustment
- Communicates via Network Time Protocol (NTP), HTTP, TCP, UDP
- Count down and count up timers, single or dual display (w/user defined colors)
- Ad hoc messaging – with pre-definable canned messages
- Camera ID – single digit (1-9), dual digit (1-99), dual alpha (A1-Z9) (w/user defined colors)